Makassar's Chic 1BR Studio: Bandaraya Luxury w/o Kitchen!

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Makassar's Chic 1BR Studio: Bandaraya Luxury w/o Kitchen!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glittery, potentially-slightly-disappointing world of Makassar's Chic 1BR Studio: Bandaraya Luxury w/o Kitchen! Let's be real, the name alone is a mouthful, promising a luxury I'm dying to see if it actually delivers. This isn't your typical hotel review; it's a messy, honest, and hopefully hilarious descent into the nitty-gritty. I'm aiming for that "you're-sitting-across-the-table-from-me-and-I'm-telling-you-the-truth" vibe.

First Impressions & Accessibility (The Good, the Okay, and the Ugh)

Right off the bat, let's talk accessibility. Look, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I appreciate a place that thinks about everyone. The listing mentions "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a good start, but the devil's in the details. It's a vague promise, and I'd need more specific info. Is there a ramp? Are the hallways wide enough? Are the bathrooms equipped? This is where the hotel needs to step up its game. So, a solid "maybe" on accessibility until proven otherwise.

Getting there? Airport transfer is listed! Thank goodness because navigating Makassar traffic on your own sounds like a special kind of hell. Valet parking is also a plus. And free car park on-site? Bingo! Saves you the hassle of circling the block a million times.

Now, onto the building itself. Elevator? Check. That's always a win, especially if you're lugging a suitcase big enough to house a small family. Exterior corridor? Okay, that’s a bit less “luxury” and more… hotel-y. But hey, at least you can get some fresh air (and maybe eavesdrop on your neighbors, shhh).

Cleanliness and Safety (Because Let's Face It, We're All a Little Germophobic Now)

Okay, pandemic era, let's get real. Cleanliness is everything. The listing boasts about "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Room sanitization between stays," and "Staff trained in safety protocol." Music to my anxious ears! But here's the thing: I'm skeptical until I see it. I want to see the hand sanitizer stations, the staff wearing masks properly, the rooms that smell clean, not just vaguely of air freshener. I'd be asking some serious questions about their hygiene certification. And "Rooms sanitized between stays" is great, but are they really getting into the nooks and crannies? I'm picturing someone hastily wiping down surfaces with a slightly-damp cloth. Gotta see to believe it!

The Room Itself (The "Luxury" Test)

Alright, the moment of truth. The 1BR Studio. The name promises "luxury," which immediately sets my expectations sky-high. Let's break it down:

  • The Essentials: Air conditioning (thank GOD!), alarm clock (because I still can't trust my phone), free Wi-Fi (vital!), and a desk (for pretending to work while secretly watching Netflix). Check, check, check, and check.
  • The "Luxury" Trappings: Bathrobes? Slippers? Complimentary tea? Reading light? In-room safe box? Okay, now we're talking. The "extra long bed" sounds promising for a good night's sleep. A mini-bar is a necessity for a good time.
  • The "Meh" Factors: Closet? Carpeting? These are standard, not luxury. Mirror? Well, yeah, I hope so. The "window that opens" is a nice touch, but let's hope it doesn't open onto a noisy street.

My biggest worry: the absence of a kitchen. "Luxury w/o Kitchen!" the listing crows. But what if I want to make a midnight snack? Or a proper breakfast? Or just… you know… cook something? This is a HUGE downside for me. This is where the "luxury" promise could fall apart. I'll be relying on room service and nearby restaurants, which could get expensive fast.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (My Stomach Is Growling Already)

Here's where things get interesting. The hotel offers… a lot. Restaurants? Plural! Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine, international cuisine, vegetarian options, and Western cuisine. Sounds promising. Buffet? Buffet! Yes! Coffee shop? Thank goodness. Poolside bar? YES! Happy hour? YES, YES, YES!

Room service is 24-hour, which is a lifesaver. But with no kitchen, I'll be leaning heavily on it. The "bottle of water" is a nice touch, but I hope it's not just one tiny bottle!

Anecdote Time!

I once stayed at a "luxury" hotel where the room service burger cost more than my entire flight. The burger was mediocre, the fries were soggy, and I felt like a total sucker. So, I'm approaching the dining situation with cautious optimism.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Spa Day or Bust!)

Okay, let's talk pampering. Spa? Sauna? Steamroom? Massage? Pool with view? Fitness center? Sign me up! This is where the "luxury" label needs to deliver. I'm dreaming of a deep-tissue massage, followed by a dip in the pool, and then a long, languid session in the sauna. If they don't have a decent spa, I'm going to be very disappointed.

The listing also mentions a "gym/fitness," which is a bonus for those who like to sweat.

Services and Conveniences (The Perks & the Potential Pitfalls)

The list of services is extensive: concierge, daily housekeeping, dry cleaning, laundry service, luggage storage, currency exchange, and a convenience store. All good things! The "cash withdrawal" is a must-have. The "gift/souvenir shop" is a nice touch, but let's hope they have something more interesting than keychains.

The "For the Kids" Factor

Babysitting service and kids' facilities are listed! This is great news for families. But if you're traveling solo or as a couple, just be prepared for potential noise.

Getting Around (Navigating Makassar)

Airport transfer? Excellent! Taxi service? Handy. Car park (on-site and free of charge)? Awesome.

The Quirky Stuff (The Little Things That Make a Difference)

The listing mentions "Non-smoking rooms," which is standard. "Couple's room" and "Proposal spot"? Okay, that's… specific. "Shrine"? Interesting. "Smoking area"? Necessary.

The Verdict (So Far)

This place sounds promising. It's got the potential for luxury, but the lack of a kitchen and the vague promises about accessibility and cleanliness give me pause. I'm going in with a healthy dose of skepticism, but I'm also really hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

The "Chic 1BR Studio: Bandaraya Luxury w/o Kitchen!" Review – The Pitch!

Ready to experience Makassar in style? Ditch the kitchen chaos and embrace the luxury!

Here's the deal: You're craving a getaway, a chance to unwind, and maybe a little pampering. You're looking for comfort, convenience, and maybe a touch of indulgence.

Makassar's Chic 1BR Studio: Bandaraya Luxury w/o Kitchen! is your answer.

  • Unwind in Style: Spacious 1BR studio designed for ultimate comfort. Think plush bedding, a well-appointed bathroom, and all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
  • Indulge Your Senses: Take advantage of our on-site spa, sauna, and pool. Treat yourself to a rejuvenating massage and unwind in our tranquil surroundings.
  • Savor the Flavors: Dine at our multiple restaurants, serving up diverse cuisine from Asian delights to international favorites. Our 24-hour room service is always ready to satisfy your cravings.
  • Stay Connected: Enjoy free Wi-Fi throughout the property, keeping you connected to work or entertainment.
  • Convenience at Your Doorstep: Airport transfer, valet parking, and a 24-hour front desk make your stay seamless.

Why choose us?

  • Unbeatable Location: Explore the vibrant city of Makassar with ease.
  • Exceptional Value: Experience luxury without breaking the bank.
  • Unforgettable Memories: Create lasting memories in a beautiful and comfortable setting.

But here's the catch:

  • The kitchens are unavailable, but you can still enjoy delicious meals from room service or the on-site restaurants!

Book your escape today and experience the best of Makassar!

Don't miss out on our special offer: Get 10% off your stay when you book directly through our website!

Click here to book your stay now! (Include a real link here!)

P.S. I'll be sure to update this review after my stay with even more juicy details, including the real scoop on the spa and whether the "luxury"

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Hermann, Blumenau's Hidden Gem

Book Now

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated Instagram travel guide. This is me, rambling through my Makassar adventure, staying in a "Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio" apartment. Let's see if I survive.

Makassar Mayhem: A Mostly-Organized Disorganized Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic

  • Morning (ish): Flight from… well, let's just say it involved a delayed connection and the distinct scent of airplane peanuts. Finally, Makassar! The air hits you like a warm, humid hug. Or maybe that's just me sweating buckets. Grabbed a Grab (their version of Uber/Lyft) to the apartment. Getting there was an adventure in itself. The driver, bless his soul, took "scenic routes" that may or may not have involved a detour through a chicken farm.
  • Afternoon: Arrived at the "Spacious 1BR." Spacious, yes. Glorious, maybe. Kitchen-less, definitely. I'm already envisioning a week of takeout and instant noodles. The Travelio check-in was… well, let's just say the app wasn't cooperating, and I spent a good 20 minutes wrestling with the digital lock. Finally in! Immediate inspection. The AC works. Thank the heavens. Settled in, unpacked, and realized I had absolutely no groceries. Panic ensued.
  • Evening: First mission: Find food. Wandered aimlessly, overwhelmed by the street food scene. Smells of grilled everything wafted through the air. Ended up at a warung (small local eatery) with no English menu. Pointed at some vaguely meat-shaped things and hoped for the best. Turns out, they were delicious, and the chili sauce nearly blew my head off. Lesson learned: Makassar chili is not for the faint of heart. Walked back to the apartment, feeling a strange mix of exhaustion and exhilaration.

Day 2: Exploring the Old Town & Cultural Confusion

  • Morning: Attempted to be a tourist. Headed to Fort Rotterdam, a historical Dutch fort. Pretty cool, actually. The architecture is impressive, and the history is fascinating. Took a gazillion photos, feeling vaguely like a history buff. The heat was already intense. I was drenched in sweat within an hour.
  • Afternoon: Explored the Old Town. Wandered through the colorful streets, dodging motorbikes and trying not to get lost. Found a charming little coffee shop. The iced coffee was a lifesaver. Tried to order a local pastry. The language barrier was a real problem. I ended up pointing at a suspiciously-looking fried dough ball. Ate it. It was surprisingly good.
  • Evening: Dinner at a seafood restaurant near Losari Beach. The sunset was stunning, and the seafood was fresh. But… the service was slow. Painfully slow. I'm pretty sure I aged a year waiting for my grilled fish. The waiter kept smiling at me, which made it worse. It's not his fault, I know, but I was starving.

Day 3: The Tallo River & Deep Fried Everything

  • Morning: Decided to explore the Tallo River by boat. It's a bit polluted, but it's still interesting to see the local life along the river. Watched kids playing in the water, fishermen casting their nets, and houses built on stilts. It felt like a glimpse into a different world.
  • Afternoon: Found my way to a local market. The smells were overwhelming, in the best way possible. I saw a guy selling durian – which I didn't dare to try, because the smell alone is enough to send me running. The highlight, however, was a stall dedicated solely to deep-fried things. Deep-fried bananas, deep-fried tofu, deep-fried mystery meat. Ordered everything. My arteries are probably weeping. No regrets, though.
  • Evening: Back to the apartment, feeling like I was going to explode from all the food. Attempted to watch a movie on my laptop, but the internet was patchy. Ended up staring out the window, listening to the sounds of the city.

Day 4: A Deep Dive into Makassar's Culinary Delights (and My Stomach's Limits)

  • Morning: Determined to conquer more local cuisine. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place that served coto Makassar, a rich, savory beef soup. Absolutely phenomenal. The broth was so flavorful, and the meat was tender. I could have eaten a whole pot. The problem? The chili. Again. I'm starting to think I have a personal vendetta against my taste buds.
  • Afternoon: Back to the deep-fried scene. This time, I found a vendor specializing in pisang epe, grilled bananas slathered in sweet sauce. Pure bliss. Sat by the beach, watching the waves, and savoring every bite. This is what paradise feels like.
  • Evening: Dinner at a restaurant famous for sop konro, a beef rib soup. The meat was fall-off-the-bone tender, and the broth was rich and complex. It was so good that I almost forgot I was sweating like a pig. Almost.

Day 5: Island Hopping! (Or, My Attempt at Adventure)

  • Morning: Decided to take a day trip to one of the nearby islands. Booked a boat, packed a swimsuit, and prepared for adventure. The boat ride was rough. The waves were choppy, and I got thoroughly soaked.
  • Afternoon: Arrived at the island, which was lovely. Crystal-clear water, white sand beaches, and palm trees swaying in the breeze. Went snorkeling. Saw some fish. Got sunburned. It was idyllic. Except for the fact that the sun was relentless, and I forgot my sunscreen.
  • Evening: Exhausted and sunburnt, I made my way back to the apartment. I was too tired to do anything but order takeout and collapse on the bed.

Day 6: Last-Minute Souvenir Scramble & Departure Anxiety

  • Morning: Realized I hadn't bought any souvenirs. Panic set in. Rushed to the nearest market, haggled with the vendors, and bought a collection of random trinkets. Hope they don't end up in the back of a drawer.
  • Afternoon: Tried to relax at a local coffee shop. The air conditioning was working at least. My flight was later that evening. I was starting to get a little sad about leaving. Makassar had definitely grown on me.
  • Evening: Final meal at a warung near the apartment. Said goodbye to the friendly faces, and headed to the airport. The flight was delayed. Of course.

Day 7: Back to Reality (and the Lack of Deep-Fried Goodness)

  • Morning: Woke up back home. The apartment was clean, organized, and had a kitchen! I missed the chaos of Makassar, the delicious food, and the friendly people. The memory of that chili, though… I'm going to need some milk.

Overall Assessment:

The "Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio" apartment was fine. Clean, functional, and the AC worked. The lack of a kitchen was a definite challenge, but I survived on street food and takeout. Makassar, however, was amazing. The food was incredible (and spicy!), the people were friendly, and the city was full of life. Would I go back? Absolutely. But next time, I'm bringing a bigger supply of antacids. And maybe a hazmat suit for the chili.

**Free Parking in Andujar, Spain: Palacio Sirvente Mieres Secret Revealed!**

Book Now

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Okay, so... "Bandaraya Luxury"? Is it *actually* luxurious, or is it like, "luxury" in the way a used car salesman describes a clunker?

Alright, buckle up. "Bandaraya Luxury" is... well, it's got potential. Think of it as a slightly tarnished, but still kinda shiny, silver platter. The building itself? Pretty swanky, I'll give you that. Gleaming lobby, helpful (usually) staff. The studio? Okay, here's where it gets real. It *looks* luxurious in the photos. Think crisp white linens, a sleek, modern design. But then you *live* there. The air conditioning? Sometimes it's a blizzard, sometimes it's a humid swamp. The "luxury" shower? Beautiful, until the water pressure decides to take a nap. I swear, one morning I spent a solid ten minutes just *waiting* for enough water to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. Talk about a luxury-induced existential crisis! So, luxury? Yes, with a healthy dose of Indonesian charm, which means a little bit of everything, and a whole lot of "we'll get to it... eventually."

No kitchen? Seriously? How does that even *work*? I need my morning coffee!

The no-kitchen situation is... an experience. Let's be honest, it's a *challenge*. The first morning I was there, I was already dreaming of a decent cup of coffee. And then I realized... no coffee maker. No kettle. Nothing. Panic set in. I ended up wandering the streets of Makassar like a caffeine-deprived zombie, searching for a decent *kopi* (local coffee) fix. Turns out, it's not hard to find, but it's a whole different vibe than brewing your own. You'll be eating out, a *lot*. Which, on the plus side, means you get to explore the amazing food scene. But if you're a control freak like me, and you like to cook your own meals, prepare for a slight emotional adjustment period. I'm still not entirely over it. I miss my scrambled eggs.

Alright, let's talk location. Is it actually in a convenient spot? Close to the action?

Location, location, location, right? Bandaraya’s got a decent one. You're in the heart of the city, which is both a blessing and a curse. You're close to shopping malls (good for air conditioning and escaping the relentless heat), restaurants (duh, see above about the no-kitchen thing), and attractions. But... the traffic. Oh, the traffic. Getting anywhere during rush hour is a *journey*. I’m talking epic, biblical-proportion journeys. You might as well pack a picnic and a good book. And be prepared for the constant honking. It's a symphony of horns, and sometimes, it's the only thing that wakes you up in the morning. So, convenient? Yes. Peaceful? Absolutely not.

What about the view? Is it Instagrammable? Because, you know... priorities.

The view... okay, the view is where Bandaraya *almost* redeems itself. If you get a high floor (which, fingers crossed!), you'll get a pretty spectacular cityscape. Think twinkling lights at night, a bustling city during the day. It's definitely Instagrammable. I'm not gonna lie, I spent a good hour the first day just staring out the window, taking pictures. Sunset is particularly glorious. But, and there's always a but, the windows aren't *always* pristine. Sometimes there are smudges. Sometimes there's a little bit of dust. So, yeah, it's Instagrammable, but maybe bring a cleaning cloth. Just in case.

Is it noisy? I need my beauty sleep. (Or at least, pretend I do.)

Noise? Oh, honey, you’re in Makassar! It’s a vibrant city, which translates to… loud. The constant hum of traffic, the occasional karaoke session (because, Indonesia), the distant call to prayer (which is beautiful, but also, early). It's a constant soundtrack. The windows are reasonably soundproof, but don't expect silence. Pack earplugs. I repeat: pack earplugs! I swear, I once thought I'd found a moment of peace, only to be jolted awake by a rogue motorcycle speeding down the street at 3 AM, blasting a pop song at full volume. It’s part of the charm, I guess. A very, very loud part.

How’s the Wi-Fi? Because, you know, the internet is my lifeblood.

Ah, the Wi-Fi. This is where things get a little... unpredictable. Sometimes it's blazing fast, allowing you to stream movies and video call your grandma without a hitch. Other times... well, let's just say it's more of a suggestion than a reality. I spent one afternoon trying to upload a single photo to Instagram, and I'm pretty sure I aged a year in the process. It's a gamble. Prepare for the occasional Wi-Fi outage. Download your essential entertainment beforehand. Embrace the slow moments. You might even find yourself talking to actual humans. (Gasp!)

Okay, so... the bed? Is it comfy? I need to know if I can actually *sleep* there.

The bed... Ah, the bed. This is a crucial question. And the answer is... it's okay. It's not the most luxurious bed in the world, but it's comfortable enough. The sheets are usually clean. The pillows are... well, they're pillows. You'll sleep. You might not sleep *perfectly*, especially if you're a light sleeper and the motorcycle symphony is in full swing, but you'll sleep. I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10. Which, considering everything else, is pretty good.

Any tips for someone considering staying there? Spill the tea!

Okay, here's the tea. First, embrace the chaos. Seriously. Things aren't always going to be perfect. Second, pack earplugs. Seriously, again. Third, explore the local food scene. It's amazing, and you won't have to wash any dishes. Fourth, be patient with the Wi-Fi. Fifth, bring a universal adapter. And finally, lower your expectations a *tiny* bit. You're not staying in a five-star hotel. You're staying in a studio apartment in Makassar. It’s an adventure. And if you can laugh at the little imperfections, you'll have a great time. And maybe, just maybe, you'll fall in love with the city, even with all its quirks. I did. Even though I still miss my scrambled eggs.

<Hotel Hop Now

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia

Spacious 1BR (No Kitchen) Bandaraya By Travelio Makassar Indonesia