
Indulge in Indy: Drury Inn's Northeast Oasis Awaits!
Indulge in Indy: Drury Inn's Northeast Oasis Awaits! - A Chaotic, Honest Review (and Why You NEED to Book)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on the Drury Inn's Northeast Indy location. Forget those sterile, corporate hotel reviews – this is the real deal, warts and all. And trust me, after a recent stay, I've got a LOT to say. Let's just dive in, shall we? (And, full disclosure, I'm writing this with a half-eaten donut and a serious caffeine buzz. So, you know, prepare for glorious rambling.)
First Impressions (and a Near-Disaster with the Luggage Cart)
From the moment you pull up, the Drury Inn feels… approachable. It's not trying too hard to be fancy, which is a HUGE relief. The exterior is clean, the landscaping is pleasant enough (though I swear I saw a rogue dandelion plotting world domination). Parking? Free! Bless the heavens, because let's be honest, those parking fees at some hotels are highway robbery. There's ample car parking [on-site] and even a car power charging station if you’re one of those fancy electric car people.
Now, the check-in. Contactless check-in/out is available, which is great for the germaphobes amongst us (like, ahem, me). But I, being the extrovert that I am, opted for the human interaction. The staff? Seriously, they were delightful. Genuinely friendly, smiling, and helpful. The kind of people who make you feel like they actually want you there. Big points for that.
Okay, a quick confession: I almost took out a small child with the luggage cart. My fault, totally. (I blame the donut sugar rush.) But hey, at least the CCTV in common areas seemed to be working! (And I didn't see any cops, so… success?)
Rooms: The Sanctuary (Mostly)
The room itself? Pretty darn good. Non-smoking rooms are standard (thank you, Drury!), and mine had a lovely view (of the parking lot, but hey, it was clean!). The air conditioning blasted arctic air, which I loved. I mean, I’m that person who brings a sweater to the tropics.
The details? They matter. The blackout curtains were chef's kiss perfection for sleeping in. The bed? Super comfy. I sank right in. They even had a desk area for working (or, you know, writing this review while procrastinating). And the free Wi-Fi? Absolutely crucial. You can't live without it. (I tried. It was a disaster.) Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a massive plus, especially for digital nomads or anyone who just needs to stay connected.
Now, for the nitty-gritty:
- Bathroom: Clean, functional. The shower had good water pressure. I'm a simple person, and good water pressure makes me happy.
- Amenities: Coffee/tea maker in the room? Check. Hair dryer? Check. Ironing facilities? Check. They thought of everything! Extra long bed was also a plus!
- The Minor Gripes (Because Perfection Doesn't Exist): The TV was a little… old school. And the mirror could have used a touch-up. Okay, I'm being picky.
The Breakfast: A Drury Inn Legend (and My Personal Holy Grail)
Okay, listen up. The Drury Inn breakfast is legendary. I'm talking waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, fresh fruit, cereal… the works! Breakfast [buffet] is the way to go here, folks. And it's all included in the price! No need to spend a fortune on overpriced hotel breakfasts. Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options were also available. I opted for the Western, but the sheer variety was impressive.
But the real kicker? The grab-and-go options! Breakfast takeaway service is available, which is brilliant for those mornings when you're running late. They also had individually-wrapped food options, which is fantastic for safety and hygiene.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Fun
Beyond breakfast, the Drury Inn offers a surprisingly decent selection of dining options, but more on that later. The Poolside bar looks very inviting, but I didn't get a chance to try it.
The Amenities: Relax, Revive, and Maybe Actually Exercise
Alright, let's talk relaxation. The swimming pool [outdoor] looked inviting, although it was a bit chilly during my stay. They also have a swimming pool. I'm not a huge pool person, but I heard good things.
Fitness center is available. I intended to use it. I really, truly did. But that bed was just too comfortable. (Don't judge me.)
Cleanliness and Safety: Seriously, They're Taking This Seriously
This is where the Drury Inn really shines. They've clearly put a lot of effort into cleanliness and safety, which is super important these days. They have anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays. The staff is trained in safety protocol, and there are hand sanitizer stations everywhere. They also have sanitized kitchen and tableware items and safe dining setup. They're taking it seriously, and it shows.
Things to Do: Beyond the Hotel Walls
This Drury Inn is located in Northeast Indy, which means you're in a prime location for exploring the city. You're close to shopping, restaurants, and attractions. It's a great base for your Indy adventures. They don't have a lot of direct "things to do" information, but that's what Google is for, right?
Accessibility, Services, and Conveniences: The Nitty-Gritty
- Accessibility: They have facilities for disabled guests and are wheelchair accessible.
- Services: Daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning, and concierge services are all available.
- Conveniences: A convenience store on-site is a lifesaver. They also have a cash withdrawal service.
The Quirks (Because Every Hotel Has Them)
- The elevators are a little… slow. Bring a book.
- The hallways could use a touch of personality.
- The lack of a spa is a bummer. (But hey, you can’t have everything.)
The Verdict: Book It! (Seriously)
Look, the Drury Inn Northeast Indy isn't perfect. But it's damn close. It's clean, comfortable, and the staff is amazing. The free breakfast alone is worth the price of admission. And the commitment to cleanliness and safety is truly impressive.
Here's the deal: If you're looking for a comfortable, convenient, and affordable hotel in Northeast Indy, BOOK THE DRURY INN! You won't regret it. It's a solid choice for families, couples, business travelers, and anyone who appreciates a good night's sleep and a fantastic breakfast.
My Honest Offer (Because I'm a Human, Not a Robot):
Ready to Indulge in Indy? Ditch the stress and book your stay at Drury Inn's Northeast Oasis!
Here's why you should book NOW:
- FREE breakfast! (Seriously, it's amazing.)
- Free Wi-Fi! (Stay connected, people!)
- Cleanliness and safety you can trust! (Peace of mind is priceless.)
- Friendly staff who actually care! (Human connection is a beautiful thing.)
- Comfortable rooms and a great location! (Your Indy adventure starts here!)
Don't wait! Click here to book your stay and experience the Drury Inn difference! You deserve a break. And you deserve a waffle.
(And don't worry, I'm already planning my return. Just gotta remember to stay away from the luggage carts.)
(P.S. If you see a slightly crazed woman with a donut in the lobby, say hello! It's probably me.)
Unwind in Paradise: Room E at Relax Brisighella, Italy
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. Because this isn't just a travel itinerary; it's a vibe. And it's probably gonna involve a lot of coffee and existential sighs. Here's my imagined (and highly embellished) Indianapolis escapade, centered around the Drury Inn & Suites Northeast, because, let's be honest, those Drury Inn waffles are a religious experience.
Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast: My Soul's Itinerary (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Free Popcorn)
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Eternal Quest for the Perfect Pillow
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Indy Airport. First impressions? Humidity. Glorious, sticky, Midwest humidity. My hair is already rebelling. Grab a rental car, which, fingers crossed, actually has a decent air conditioner. Last time, I swear it was hotter inside than outside. Praying for a non-lemon of a car.
- 1:45 PM: Drive to the Drury Inn & Suites. Okay, let's be real, I'm already fantasizing about that pool. And the free snacks. And the…wait for it…FREE POPCORN. It's a siren song, I tell you.
- 2:30 PM: Check-in. Ah, the ritual. The desk clerk, hopefully, is having a good day. Because I'm not. I'm tired, I'm grumpy, and I need a good room. Praying for a room not next to the ice machine. Shudders. Request a room with a view. A view of… something. Anything other than the parking lot.
- 3:00 PM: Unpack. The sacred act. The unpacking of the sacred travel bag. The unpacking of the clothes, the shoes, the books, the emergency chocolate stash (crucial). Evaluate the pillows. This is the most important part. A good pillow can make or break a hotel stay. I swear, I’m a pillow snob.
- 3:30 PM: The Pool. Ah, sweet, chlorinated relief. I don't know how to swim, but I can splash with the best of them. Mostly for the aesthetic, to be honest. Take some blurry photos, and enjoy it.
- 4:30 PM: Snack Attack. It's time. Popcorn Time. I'm not ashamed. I might even sneak a few extra bags back to my room. Don't judge me.
- 5:30 PM: Explore the hotel. The gym. The business center (because, you know, pretending to be productive). But honestly, I'm mostly looking for more free snacks.
- 6:30 PM: The "Kickback" Happy Hour. Free food! Free drinks! This is what dreams are made of. The buffet is probably not the most gourmet meal of my life, but hey, it's free. And the company is always interesting. I bet I'd make friends.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner. I'm thinking something local. Maybe a dive bar? I heard Indy has some pretty good ones. Or maybe just a giant plate of nachos. Decisions, decisions… (Pro-tip: check Google maps for places with good reviews, and also, check the hours of operation. Don't ask me how I know.)
- 9:00 PM: Wind down. Read a book (or try to, while battling the temptation to scroll through social media). Call a friend and complain about the humidity. Journal about the day. Maybe write some poetry. Or just stare at the ceiling. All options are on the table.
- 10:00 PM: Bed. And pray for a good night's sleep. And that the ice machine is far, far away.
Day 2: Culture, Caffeine, and the Aftermath of Too Much Free Popcorn
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, regretting the late-night popcorn binge. But hey, no regrets! (Except the popcorn. Maybe).
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast at the Drury Inn. Waffles. Waffles. Waffles. And maybe some fruit, to pretend I'm healthy. And coffee. A lot of coffee.
- 8:30 AM: Head to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. I'm not a huge racing fan, but hey, it's Indy. Gotta do it. Try to look impressed. Pretend to understand the technical jargon. Take some photos.
- 10:00 AM: Coffee Break. Because I need more caffeine. Find a local coffee shop. Explore the neighborhood. Maybe find a cute bookstore. Or a record store. Or both!
- 11:00 AM: Explore the Indianapolis Artsgarden. So pretty. So Instagrammable. Try not to look like a total tourist while taking photos. Fail.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Something quick and easy. Maybe a sandwich from a local deli. Or, let's be honest, probably a burger.
- 1:00 PM: Explore the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Get lost in the art. Feel something. Pretend to understand modern art. Wander around a bit. Get a little confused.
- 3:00 PM: Shopping. Gotta get some souvenirs! Find some local shops. Buy a t-shirt I'll never wear. A magnet I'll stick on my fridge.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the Drury Inn. Nap. Seriously. Naps are the best part of traveling. Especially after a day of culture and walking.
- 5:00 PM: Happy Hour Round 2. Because, free food and drinks.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Maybe try a different restaurant this time. Something with outdoor seating, if the weather is cooperating.
- 7:30 PM: Stroll and relax. Walk around the hotel, enjoy the night lights, and just soak in the atmosphere.
- 9:00 PM: Pack. This is always a sad moment. The end of the adventure. The return to reality. But hey, at least I have the memories (and the popcorn bags).
- 10:00 PM: Bed. And dream of waffles.
Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Scent of Popcorn
- 7:00 AM: Wake up. One last waffle. One last cup of coffee. Try to savor it.
- 8:00 AM: Check out of the Drury Inn. Say goodbye to the free snacks and the comfy bed.
- 9:00 AM: Drive to the airport. Reflect on the trip. Think about the things I saw. The things I did. The amount of popcorn I consumed.
- 10:00 AM: Fly home. Already planning my next adventure. And dreaming of those Drury Inn waffles.
Final Thoughts:
Indianapolis, you were…interesting. The humidity was a monster. The traffic was a beast. But the people were friendly. The food was good. And the Drury Inn? Well, the Drury Inn was a haven of free snacks and fluffy pillows. And sometimes, that's all a weary traveler needs. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go look up Drury Inn locations in other cities. Because, you know, research.
Goa's Hidden Gem: OYO Shoolin Homestay - Unbelievable Experience!
Indulge in Indy: Drury Inn's Northeast Oasis Awaits! (Or Does It?) - My Unfiltered Take
So, what *is* this "Indulge in Indy" at the Drury Inn Northeast thing anyway? Is it a magical portal to relaxation and bottomless snacks?
Alright, buckle up, because here's the deal. "Indulge in Indy" at the Drury Inn Northeast... well, it's essentially a staycation package. They're selling you on a weekend of... *something*. Relaxation? Maybe. Unlimited food? Kinda. Basically, you get a room, some perks, and the promise of a good time. My expectations were... well, let's just say I've been burned by hotel promises before. Remember that "gourmet" continental breakfast that turned out to be stale muffins and watery coffee? Yeah, I'm still recovering.
The Free Food! Tell me about the Free Food! Is it truly glorious, or just a glorified buffet of sadness?
Okay, the food situation. This is where things get... interesting. Drury Inn is famous for its "Evening Kickback" and free breakfast. And I'm not gonna lie, the Kickback is... a *thing*. It's not Michelin-star dining, folks. Think: hot dogs, nachos, salads, and maybe, just maybe, a pasta dish that's either surprisingly good or suspiciously bland (it's a gamble!). But hey, it's FREE. And after a long day of... you know, *life*, free food is a beautiful thing. I may or may not have made a strategic run for the cheese sauce for the nachos. Don't judge me. The breakfast? Standard hotel fare, but with a waffle maker. And you know what? Waffles are always a win. Even if they're slightly undercooked. Life's too short to be perfect, right?
What about the Room? Comfy beds? Cleanliness? I'm a bit of a germaphobe, you see...
Alright, the room itself. Okay, this is where I, a self-proclaimed queen of cleanliness, was pleasantly surprised. The room was... clean! And the bed? Comfy. Like, seriously, I could have stayed in that bed all day. The pillows were fluffy, the sheets were crisp... it was a small slice of heaven after a week of fighting the laundry monster. The bathroom was also decent, though I always do a quick wipe-down of the counters with my own sanitizing wipes. Just a habit, you know? But overall, the room was a solid win. Much better than some budget hotels I've endured in the past. The only minor gripe? The air conditioning was a bit... enthusiastic. I had to wrap myself in a blanket in July! Talk about a first-world problem, right?
Is there a pool? Because, let's be honest, a hotel pool is a crucial element of relaxation.
Oh, yes, there's a pool. And... it was fine. It wasn't a sparkling oasis of tranquility, mind you. It was... a pool. Clean-ish. Slightly chlorine-y. Kids were splashing. Adults were pretending to read. I dipped my toes in, decided it was too crowded, and went back to my comfy bed. Look, I'm not a huge pool person. But if you *are*, it's there. And it's probably better than your local public pool, so... score?
What activities are *actually* included in "Indulge in Indy"? Beyond the food and the bed?
Okay, so "Indulge in Indy" isn't exactly overflowing with activities. It's more about the *promise* of relaxation. Think of it as a blank canvas for your own personal chill-fest. They might throw in some small perks, like maybe a discount on local attractions or a voucher for a drink at the bar. But mostly, it's about the freedom to do... whatever you want. Which, for me, meant binge-watching terrible reality TV and eating copious amounts of free cheese sauce. I considered going to the Indianapolis Zoo, but the thought of crowds and heat made me shiver. So, yeah, I indulged in my own brand of Indy-ness. And it was glorious.
The "Northeast Oasis" part... is the location actually good? Are we talking a scenic getaway, or just a convenient pit stop?
"Northeast Oasis"... hmm. Okay, let's be honest, the location is... fine. It's in a perfectly functional, not-particularly-scenic area. It's close to some restaurants and shops, and it's easy to get to. Don't expect breathtaking views or a charming, small-town vibe. It's more of a practical location. Think: a good basecamp for exploring Indianapolis, or a convenient stopover on a road trip. It's not the reason you're going, but it's not a deal-breaker either. It's just... there.
So, would you actually recommend "Indulge in Indy" at the Drury Inn Northeast? Be brutally honest!
Alright, the million-dollar question. Would I recommend it? Honestly? Yeah, I would. But with caveats. If you're looking for luxury, go elsewhere. If you need constant entertainment, maybe this isn't your jam. But if you want a clean, comfortable room, some free food (and who doesn't love free food?), and the freedom to relax without breaking the bank, then "Indulge in Indy" at the Drury Inn Northeast is a solid choice. It's not perfect. It's not going to change your life. But it's a decent, affordable option for a little getaway. And sometimes, that's all you need. Plus, the cheese sauce was worth it. Totally worth it.
Let's talk about that "Evening Kickback" again... specifically, the drinks. Are they any good? And what's the vibe like?
Okay, the drinks. This is where the Kickback gets a little... messy. The "free" drinks are usually a selection of beer, wine, and maybe a basic cocktail or two. Don't expect top-shelf liquor. We're talking well drinks, folks. But hey, again, it's free! And after a long day of... well, existing, a free beer can hit the spot. The vibe? Well, it's a mixed bag. You've got families, business travelers, couples... It's a bit like a casual happy hour, but with a wider demographic. I saw one guy in a full suit meticulously crafting a plate of nachos, and I thought, "Yep, that's the Drury Inn experience." It'sStarlight Inns

