
Escape to Paradise: Casa Morada Islamorada Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Casa Morada Islamorada Awaits! – A Review (and a Confession)
Okay, folks, buckle up. This isn't your typical dry, corporate hotel review. This is real. I just spent a few days at Casa Morada in Islamorada, and let me tell you, I'm still trying to scrape the sand out of my… well, you get the idea. This place isn't perfect, but it's got a vibe. And that vibe, that’s what I'm here to dissect, analyze, and maybe, just maybe, convince you to book a stay.
First Impressions (and a Near-Disaster):
Pulling up, Casa Morada looks the part. Pristine white buildings, turquoise water practically lapping at the edge of the property. Pure Instagram bait. But here’s a secret: I’m terrible at Instagram. I’m more of a "face-in-the-sand, sunscreen-dripping-off-my-nose" kind of vacationer.
Check-in was a breeze, thanks to the contactless check-in/out (thank goodness, because I'm already sweating from the Florida humidity). The front desk is 24-hour, which is a godsend for late arrivals like myself. And the elevator is a lifesaver. I'm not getting any younger, you know?
Accessibility - The Good, the Okay, and the "Could Be Better":
Casa Morada tries to be accessible. There are facilities for disabled guests, which is great. The elevator is crucial, and thankfully, it's there. The air conditioning in public areas is a must-have in this climate. I didn't personally need a wheelchair, so I can't speak directly to that experience, but I did notice a few ramps. Now, I didn't see any specifically wheelchair accessible restaurants within the hotel, which is a ding against them in my book. Rooms sanitized between stays and daily disinfection in common areas is a huge plus, especially after the last few years. They also have professional-grade sanitizing services and anti-viral cleaning products.
Rooms – My Sanctuary (and My Mess):
My room? Oh, my room. Let's just say I’m a messy traveler. The air conditioning was a godsend. The blackout curtains were a necessity for my sleep schedule (or lack thereof, depending on the cocktails). The free Wi-Fi ( Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! ) was a lifesaver because, let's be honest, I needed to check on my emails, despite promising myself I wouldn’t. They have all the usual suspects: air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes (yes!), bathroom phone (why?), bathtub (nice!), complimentary tea (essential!), daily housekeeping (thank you, sweet angel!), desk, extra long bed (appreciated!), free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box (used!), internet access – wireless, ironing facilities (unnecessary, but appreciated), laptop workspace, linens, mini bar (tempting!), non-smoking (thank you!), on-demand movies (didn't watch any, busy relaxing!), private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers (loved!), smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and a window that opens. The interconnecting room(s) available is a plus for families, and the additional toilet is a luxury.
The Food – A Mixed Bag (and My Biggest Weakness):
Okay, confession time. I’m a foodie. And Casa Morada’s dining options… well, they're a mixed bag.
- Restaurants: There are restaurants, plural! That's a good start.
- A la carte in restaurant: Yes, thank goodness.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: I didn't find any, but I didn't look either.
- Bar: Yes, and conveniently located by the pool.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Yes, and it was pretty good.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Essential!
- Desserts in restaurant: Yes, and I may have sampled a few…
- Happy hour: A must.
- International cuisine in restaurant: They tried.
- Poolside bar: The best part of the food experience!
- Room service [24-hour]: YES. Especially after a long day of… well, relaxing.
- Salad in restaurant: Needed.
- Snack bar: Convenient.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Didn't see one.
- Western breakfast: Yep.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: Yep.
The breakfast buffet was decent, though I’m more of a "pancakes and bacon" kind of person. I did appreciate the bottle of water provided. Alternative meal arrangement is available, which is nice. Breakfast service, and Breakfast takeaway service is a plus. The coffee shop was a life saver, and I appreciated the coffee/tea in restaurant as well.
Things to Do (or Not Do, and That's Okay):
This is where Casa Morada shines. It's all about relaxation.
- Swimming pool: Gorgeous.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Also gorgeous.
- Pool with view: Unbelievable. The water is crystal clear, and the view is… well, it’s Islamorada.
- Spa: Yes!
- Body scrub: Tempting.
- Body wrap: Even more tempting.
- Massage: Absolutely essential. I spent a glorious hour getting my knots worked out.
- Spa/sauna: Didn't try, but wished I had.
- Fitness center: Uh… I looked at it. From the outside.
- Gym/fitness: See above.
- Sauna: See above.
- Steamroom: See above.
- Foot bath: I would have liked that.
The real highlight? The pool. I spent hours just floating, staring at the sky, and completely forgetting about… well, everything. That's the Casa Morada magic.
Cleanliness and Safety – Peace of Mind (and Hand Sanitizer):
Let's be real, post-pandemic, this is important. Casa Morada seems to take it seriously.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Good.
- Cashless payment service: Convenient.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Reassuring.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Hygiene certification: A plus.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Thoughtful.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Enforced.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Excellent.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Essential.
- Safe dining setup: Appreciated.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Important.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Good to know.
- Sterilizing equipment: Hopefully used often.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter:
- Concierge: Helpful.
- Daily housekeeping: Thank you, sweet angel!
- Doorman: Welcoming.
- Dry cleaning: Didn't use, but good to know it's there.
- Elevator: Lifesaver.
- Facilities for disabled guests: Needs improvement.
- Luggage storage: Helpful.
- Safety deposit boxes: Always a good idea.
- Terrace: Beautiful for sunset cocktails.
- Wi-Fi for special events: Didn't attend any.
Getting Around – Car, Taxi, or… Paddleboard?
- Airport transfer: They offer it.
- Car park [free of charge]: Yes!
- Car park [on-site]: Also yes!
- Taxi service: Available.
For the Kids – Family Friendly, But Maybe Not That Kid-Friendly:
- Babysitting service: Available.
- Family/child friendly: Yes, but it's more of a couples/adults retreat.
- Kids meal: Didn't see any.
- Kids facilities: Not many.
My Verdict (and Why You Should Book Now):
Casa Morada isn’t perfect. It could be more accessible, and the food could be more consistently amazing. But the overall experience? Pure, unadulterated relaxation. It's the kind of place where you can truly unwind
Hanoi's Hidden Gem: Brilliant Hotel & Spa Experience (Unbeatable Deals!)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your glossy brochure itinerary; this is life at Casa Morada, Islamorada. Prepare for a rollercoaster. And, let's be honest, probably a sunburn.
Casa Morada: A Messy, Magnificent Adventure (and Probably a Few Regrets)
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Panic (Because, Florida)
- 1:00 PM: Arrive at Miami International Airport (MIA). Okay, first hurdle: the airport. It’s a glorious, chaotic mess. The lines are long, the air is thick with humidity and anxiety, and you're pretty sure you just witnessed a luggage cart race. Found my rental car (a surprisingly sassy convertible, I'm calling her "Sunshine") and hit the road.
- 3:00 PM: Uh oh. GPS decides to reroute me through a construction zone. Sunshine is not happy. Me? Mildly panicked. This is Florida. Everything is going to be hot and confusing.
- 4:30 PM: Finally, Casa Morada! The photos online lied a little, but in the best way. It's gorgeous. Bougainvillea everywhere, the water is that turquoise you can only find in Instagram, and the staff are ridiculously friendly. Already feel my shoulders unclench a tiny bit.
- 5:00 PM: Room check-in. A quick, but crucial, inspection: AC works? CHECK. Bed comfortable enough to collapse on after my travel anxieties? DOUBLE CHECK. Balcony overlooking the water? HEAVEN.
- 6:00 PM: Cocktails at the hotel bar. Because, duh. Ordered a Painkiller (a must in the Keys, apparently) and almost choked laughing at the guy next to me who tripped over his own flip-flops. He was mortified. I was delighted. This place is already delivering.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was…fine. Overpriced, but fine. The sunset, however? Absolutely breathtaking. I swear I saw a dolphin jump. Maybe it was the Painkiller. Or maybe Florida is just magic.
- 9:00 PM: Walk along the dock. Felt like a movie scene. Stared at the stars, listened to the gentle lapping of the waves, and decided I'd give Florida a chance.
Day 2: The Keys, the Fish, and the Fear of Falling
- 8:00 AM: Woke up, saw the sun, and immediately thought, "Sunscreen. Lots and lots of sunscreen." The Florida sun? It's a beast.
- 9:00 AM: Kayak time! Rented kayaks from the hotel. I'm not going to lie, I'm not the most graceful person. My kayak skills? Let's just say, "enthusiastic beginner."
- 9:30 AM: Disaster. Almost capsized. Screamed like a small child. Regained composure. Sort of. The water was so clear! Saw a sea turtle! (worth the near-death experience)
- 11:00 AM: Snorkeling trip to the coral reef. Okay, this was incredible. Seriously, the fish were like, "Hey, check us out!" I saw a parrotfish, a barracuda (gulp), and a whole lot of vibrant coral. The beauty was almost overwhelming.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a local dive bar (post-snorkeling. I'm starving.) Ordered a fish sandwich and a beer. The place had a palpable, salty, lived-in vibe. I loved it.
- 2:30 PM: I went back to the room for a nap. Because all that sun and water and beauty? Exhausting.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the water. This time paddleboarding. I'm pretty sure the water was laughing at me. Falling is a regular thing.
- 6:00 PM: Drinks on the beach. Watching another sunset. This is getting dangerously close to paradise.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at a different restaurant. This time, the food was actually amazing. Fresh seafood, cooked perfectly. I might have over-ordered. Don't judge me.
- 9:00 PM: I sat on my balcony for a long time. Thinking about all the things I didn't do and all the things I did. And then, I went to sleep.
Day 3: The Ultimate Islamorada Experience (and a Whole Lot of Regret)
- 9:00 AM: The plan was to go fishing. I am not a fisherman. But, it's the Keys. I must try. I went with a local guide. He looked like a grizzled pirate (but in a good way).
- 9:30 AM: The boat ride. The ocean. I could feel the sun. It was a little too much.
- 10:00 AM: The fishing began. I had no idea what I was doing. I cast my line, and felt a tug!
- 10:05 AM: I reeled in a fish. A big one! I was so excited!
- 10:10 AM: The fish was too big. I was screaming. The guide told me to hold on.
- 10:15 AM: The fish was gone. It got away. I had to deal with the shame.
- 11:00 AM: We went to a nearby sandbar. I drank a beer. I felt better.
- 12:00 PM: We went back to land. I was tired. I regretted everything.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a restaurant. I ordered a sandwich.
- 2:00 PM: Back at the hotel. I went for a swim. I felt the water. I felt the sun.
- 4:00 PM: I walked around the property. Looked at all the beauty. Did some laundry.
- 6:00 PM: Last sunset. Almost cried.
- 7:00 PM: A final dinner. Ordered the best thing on the menu.
- 8:00 PM: Packed my things.
- 9:00 PM: Went to sleep.
Day 4: Departure & Existential Reflections
- 9:00 AM: Checkout. Said goodbye to the lovely staff. Made a mental note to come back.
- 10:00 AM: Drive back to MIA.
- 12:00 PM: Flight.
- 12:01 PM: A quick reflection. Did I regret going? No. Did I regret not doing something? Maybe. Was it worth it? Absolutely.
- 12:02 PM: Got home.
Final Thoughts: Casa Morada, Islamorada. It's not perfect. It's hot, sometimes messy, and you might fall off a paddleboard. But it's also beautiful, exhilarating, and filled with moments that make you feel truly alive. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Just, maybe, I'll practice my kayaking skills first. And pack more sunscreen.
Escape to Paradise: SAMSURIA's Unbeatable Kuantan Beachfront Luxury
Escape to Paradise: Casa Morada Islamorada Awaits! (Or Does It?) - FAQ... Kinda.
Okay, so... Casa Morada. Worth the hype? 'Cause the Instagram pics are *intense*.
The rooms! Are they as dreamy as they look? Specifically, are they *clean*? Because I have a serious germ phobia.
What about the food? Is the on-site restaurant any good? I'm a foodie, and I *need* good eats.
Activities! Besides lying on the beach (which, let's be honest, is the main event), what is there to *do*?
What's the biggest downside? Because nothing's perfect, right? Spill the tea!
Okay, I'm sold. But what's the absolute *best* thing about Casa Morada? Give me one thing!

