
Bohol's BEST Kept Secret: Coco Farm Hostel Paradise!
Bohol's BEST Kept Secret: Coco Farm Hostel Paradise! - A Rambling, Honest Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on Coco Farm Hostel Paradise in Bohol. Forget those glossy travel brochures – this is the real deal, the messy, imperfect, and utterly charming truth. And trust me, you'll want to know about it.
(SEO Keywords: Coco Farm Hostel Paradise, Bohol, Philippines, Hostel, Accommodation, Travel, Review, Accessibility, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Wi-Fi, Safety, Cleanliness)
First things first: Accessibility. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't spend my whole trip scrutinizing this aspect. BUT, from what I saw, it’s not the most accessible place in the world. The layout is a bit… well, Bohol-esque. Think charming pathways, some uneven surfaces, and not a ton of elevators. However, the staff are super helpful, and I'm sure they'd go above and beyond to assist anyone with mobility issues. (Facilities for disabled guests - needs confirmation)
Getting There & Around:
- Airport Transfer: Yes! Thank goodness! After that long flight, the thought of haggling for a taxi is enough to make me break out in hives. They've got you covered.
- Car Park [free of charge], Car Park [on-site], Car power charging station: Score! Free parking is always a win, and the charging station shows they're thinking ahead.
- Taxi service: Available. Handy if you want to explore beyond the immediate area.
- Bicycle parking: Cool! Perfect for zipping around and feeling the Bohol breeze.
The Vibe & The Rooms:
This isn't some sterile, cookie-cutter hotel. Coco Farm is all about laid-back vibes and natural beauty. Think lush greenery, rustic charm, and a general sense of escape.
Rooms (Available in all rooms):
- Air conditioning: Essential!
- Alarm clock: Yep.
- Bathrobes: Fancy! (I'm a sucker for a good bathrobe.)
- Bathroom phone: Okay, a bit old-school, but hey, it works!
- Bathtub, Separate shower/bathtub: Depending on the room, you might get a luxurious soak!
- Blackout curtains: Sleep like a log!
- Closet, Desk, Ironing facilities: Practical stuff.
- Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea: Caffeine fix sorted.
- Daily housekeeping: Thank you, universe!
- Extra long bed: Crucial for us tall folks.
- Free bottled water: Hydration station!
- Hair dryer: Praise the hair gods.
- High floor: Depends on the room, but the views are worth it.
- In-room safe box: Peace of mind.
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Great for families or groups.
- Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free], Internet access: Stay connected (or disconnect, your choice!).
- Laptop workspace: Work remotely or just browse the internet.
- Linens, Mirror, Slippers, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella: All the essentials.
- Mini bar, Refrigerator: Stock up on snacks and drinks!
- Non-smoking: Good for everyone.
- On-demand movies: Perfect for a chill night in.
- Private bathroom: A must.
- Reading light, Socket near the bed: Important details.
- Satellite/cable channels: Entertainment at your fingertips.
- Scale: (gulp)
- Seating area, Sofa: Chillax zones.
- Smoke detector, Soundproofing: Safety first!
- Telephone: For room service and all that jazz.
- Wake-up service: If you need it.
- Window that opens: Fresh air bliss.
The BEST part? The Wi-Fi! Seriously, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it actually works! I could upload my Instagram stories without a hitch. This is a big deal, folks, trust me. (Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas)
Food, Glorious Food (Dining, drinking, and snacking):
Okay, so the food situation at Coco Farm is a highlight. It's not Michelin-star dining, but it's delicious, plentiful, and affordable.
- Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant: Plenty of options to satisfy every craving.
- Bar, Poolside bar, Coffee shop, Snack bar: Drinks and snacks are readily available.
- Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast: Fuel up for your adventures! The breakfast buffet was a glorious spread of fresh fruit, pastries, and local delicacies. I may have eaten my weight in mangoes.
- Breakfast service, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service: Flexibility is key!
- Room service [24-hour]: Late-night cravings? No problem!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Bottle of water: Hydration is key.
- Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant: Sweet treats and healthy options available.
- Happy hour: Because, why not?
- Alternative meal arrangement: If you have dietary restrictions.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Safe dining setup: Important.
The Spa & Relaxation (Ways to relax):
Alright, this is where Coco Farm truly shines. The whole place just oozes relaxation.
- Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor], Swimming pool: The pool is gorgeous, with a view. I spent a solid afternoon just floating around, staring at the lush landscape. Pure bliss.
- Massage: Oh, the massage. I treated myself to a traditional Filipino massage, and it was pure heaven. My knots melted away, and I felt like a new person. (Body scrub, Body wrap, Spa, Spa/sauna)
- Sauna, Steamroom: Didn't try these, but they're there!
- Foot bath: A nice touch.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: If you feel the need to burn off all those delicious meals.
Cleanliness & Safety:
This is a big one for me, and Coco Farm gets a thumbs up.
- Cleanliness: The rooms were spotless, and the common areas were well-maintained.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Reassuring.
- Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays: They take hygiene seriously.
- Hand sanitizer: Readily available.
- Hygiene certification: A good sign.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They try to make an effort.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Good.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Makes me feel safe.
- Safe dining setup: Important.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Important.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms: Peace of mind.
- Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit: Always a good thing to know.
- Individually-wrapped food options, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Safety first.
- Shared stationery removed: Good.
- Sterilizing equipment: Reassuring.
Things to Do (And Not Do):
- For the kids, Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Great for families!
- Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Seminars: Business facilities, if you need them.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events, Projector/LED display, Wi-Fi for special events: If you're planning something.
- Couple's room, Proposal spot: Romantic!
- Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Front desk [24-hour], Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Terrace: Convenient.
- Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning: Necessary!
- Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area: Services and conveniences.
- Business facilities, Xerox/fax in business center: For the workaholics.
The Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect):
Okay, here’s the honest truth. There were a few minor hiccups. One day, the hot water in my shower was… lukewarm. And the pathway to my room was a bit tricky in the dark. But honestly? These were tiny blips in an otherwise amazing experience. I was there for the experience and it
Lake Como's Hidden Gem: Casa Della Musica B&B - Unforgettable Stay!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is the Bohol Coco Farm Hostel experience, unfiltered, unpolished, and guaranteed to be a glorious, slightly chaotic mess.
Bohol Coco Farm Hostel: My Brain Dump of a Trip
Day 1: Arrival, Overwhelm, and the Questionable Charm of a Gecko
- Morning (or what felt like a perpetual morning after a red-eye): Landed in Tagbilaran. Humidity slapped me in the face like a wet towel. First thought: "Did I pack enough deodorant?" Second thought: "Is that a coconut vending machine? Genius." The airport was a charmingly ramshackle affair. Found a tricycle driver who looked like he'd seen a ghost but also, simultaneously, knew the best shortcuts. Negotiated a price that, in retrospect, was probably highway robbery, but hey, I was desperate for air conditioning.
- Afternoon: The Hostel, The Vibe, and My Immediate Love-Hate Relationship: Arrived at Coco Farm. Okay, the pictures lied. It's… rustic. Very rustic. But in that "I could totally live here, surrounded by chickens and questionable plumbing" kind of way. The view? Unbelievable. Emerald green rice paddies stretching to the horizon. The staff? Adorably scatterbrained. Got my key, which promptly fell apart. Already feeling like a local.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Settling In, and a Close Encounter of the Gecko Kind: Explored the hostel. Found a hammock. Immediately collapsed. Then, the gecko. A rather large, very vocal gecko decided to make my room its home. It was a constant chirping, a constant presence. Part of me was terrified, part of me thought, "Hey, at least he's keeping the bugs at bay." Didn't sleep well that night. Kept imagining it dropping on my face.
- Evening: Dinner, the Sunset, and a Moment of Pure Bliss (Followed by Mosquito Bites): Dinner at the hostel. The food was… simple. But the sunset! Oh, the sunset! The sky exploded with color. For a moment, I forgot about the gecko, the questionable plumbing, and the growing number of mosquito bites. It was pure magic. Then the mosquitoes remembered.
Day 2: Chocolate Hills, Tarsiers, and the Existential Crisis of a Tourist
- Morning: The Chocolate Hills. They're… Brown!: Booked a tour. The driver was a legend – knew all the best spots, which I appreciated, but also spent the entire time trying to convince me to buy a specific brand of hair gel. The Chocolate Hills. They're… brown. And they're everywhere. It's a bit surreal. You can't help but feel like you're on another planet. Took a million photos. They all look the same.
- Mid-Morning: Tarsier Time! (Tiny, Furry, and Surprisingly Sad): The Tarsier Sanctuary. These little creatures are ridiculously cute. Huge, soulful eyes. But they're also… fragile. We're talking about a creature that can't handle being touched, stressed, or even too much sunlight. It's a bit of a heavy reminder of our impact on the world. Felt a pang of guilt for being a gawking tourist.
- Lunch: The Worst Adobo Ever (and a Lesson in Low Expectations): Lunch at a roadside shack. The adobo was… not good. Seriously, it tasted like someone forgot the vinegar. But the company was great – a couple of other travelers who were just as bewildered and delighted by the whole experience.
- Afternoon: The Hanging Bridge. Wobbly, Scary, and Kinda Awesome: The hanging bridge. It's wobbly. It's high. It's terrifying. But the view is incredible. I screamed a lot. Mostly from laughing, partly from fear.
- Evening: Back at the Hostel, and the Gecko's Revenge: Back at the hostel, exhausted but exhilarated. The gecko was back. Loud as ever. Decided to name him "Kevin." Started to think we were building a weird, symbiotic relationship. He chirps, I swat at nonexistent bugs, we both silently judge the questionable plumbing.
Day 3: Island Hopping, Sea Sickness, and the Holy Grail of Sunscreen
- Morning: Island Hopping: The Dream (and the Reality): Island hopping! Booked a boat. The sea was choppy. I hate boats. I'm one of those people who gets seasick just looking at the water. The boat ride to Balicasag Island was a blur of nausea and frantic attempts to find a patch of shade.
- Mid-Morning: Snorkeling (and the Glorious Failure Thereof): Snorkeling at Balicasag. The coral was gorgeous. The fish were vibrant. The water was… cold. I'm a terrible snorkeler. Kept swallowing seawater. Spent most of the time flailing around like a beached whale.
- Lunch: The Island Lunch That Saved Me: Lunch on a beach. Grilled fish, rice, fresh fruit. Glorious. Finally started to feel human again. Managed to avoid the worst of the sunburn.
- Afternoon: Virgin Island: Pure Instagram Bait (and Worth It): Virgin Island. Seriously, it's like a postcard. Sand, turquoise water, a sandbar that stretches out into the sea. Took a million more photos. Became obsessed with finding the perfect filter.
- Evening: Sunburn, Regret, and the Search for Aloe Vera: Back at the hostel. Burnt. Fried. My skin was screaming. Spent the evening slathering myself in aloe vera (which, miraculously, the hostel had). Contemplated the meaning of life while watching the gecko (Kevin, of course) hunt for dinner.
Day 4: Departure, Reflection, and the Undeniable Charm of Bohol
- Morning: Goodbye, Gecko (and the Relief That Came With It): Packed my bags. Said goodbye to Kevin (I think he actually chirped back).
- Mid-Morning: Last-Minute Souvenir Hunt (and the Panic That Ensued): A frantic dash to the local market for souvenirs. Realized I'd spent all my money on food and boat rides. Ended up buying a questionable t-shirt that said "I Love Bohol" and a bag of dried mangoes.
- Lunch: The Last Adobo (and a Bittersweet Goodbye): One last adobo. This one was actually pretty good. Felt a pang of sadness as I ate it. The food, the people, the chaos… I was going to miss it.
- Afternoon: The Airport, the Taxi Ride, and the Promise to Return: The airport. The humidity. The final, lingering smell of dried mangoes. The taxi ride was slightly less expensive than the first one, but I still wasn't sure I'd gotten a good deal. Left Bohol feeling sunburnt, slightly seasick, and utterly charmed.
In Conclusion:
Bohol wasn't perfect. It was messy, unpredictable, and occasionally frustrating. But it was also beautiful, vibrant, and full of heart. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. And yes, I'll definitely be back. Maybe I'll even bring Kevin a friend. Just, you know, a different gecko. Maybe one that's a little less… vocal.
Hanoi's HOTTEST 2BR Luxury Condo: Vinhomes Skylake & Keangnam Views!
Coco Farm Hostel Paradise: The Unfiltered Truth (and Maybe Some Sand in My Shoes) - FAQ
Okay, so... Coco Farm Hostel Paradise. Is it *actually* paradise? Like, Instagram-filter paradise?
Alright, let's get real. Paradise? Well, it's *Bohol* paradise, which is pretty darn close. Think less pristine white-sand beaches (though those are nearby!) and more... raw, authentic, "I'm-wearing-a-sarong-and-I-don't-care" kind of paradise. It's less about perfectly manicured lawns and more about the feeling of sand permanently lodged between your toes. And honestly? I'm good with that. I mean, the photos *are* gorgeous, but they don't quite capture the *smell* of the salty air mixed with the subtle coconut-y aroma. That's the real magic. I actually got a little teary-eyed the first time I saw the sunrise over the ocean from the hammock. Sound cheesy? Maybe. But it was *amazing*.
What are the rooms like? Are we talking dorm-room-with-a-hole-in-the-wall kinda budget, or…?
Okay, the rooms. This is where things get a little... *rustic*. Let's be clear: it's a hostel, not the Ritz. I stayed in a dorm, and honestly, it was fine. The beds are comfy enough, there are mosquito nets (thank GOD), and the fans actually work. My first night, though? Yeah, there was a tiny gecko that kept trying to hitch a ride on my backpack. I freaked out. Completely lost it. Screamed. Then, I realized, "Hey, you're in the Philippines, lady. Get used to it!" The private rooms are nicer, obviously, but honestly, the dorms are part of the charm. You meet people! You bond over shared experiences like, "Did you see that giant spider?!" (Spoiler alert: yes, I saw a giant spider.) Expect basic but clean. And bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. There's always *someone* snoring.
Food, glorious food! What's the grub situation like? Is it all just rice and adobo? (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)
The food! Alright, so the Coco Farm's restaurant is a *life saver*. Especially after a long day of exploring. Yes, there's rice and adobo, and it's delicious. But they also have everything from fresh seafood (get the grilled fish!) to amazing fruit smoothies (the mango one is *heaven*). And the prices are ridiculously reasonable. My biggest regret? Not trying the halo-halo *every single day*. Seriously. Go for it. I'm still dreaming about it. One day, I ordered a burger, expecting the usual hostel-burger disappointment. Nope! Actually decent. It wasn't gourmet, but it hit the spot after a day of swimming and sunbathing. They also have a communal kitchen if you're feeling adventurous and want to cook your own meals. (I didn't. I'm lazy. And the halo-halo was calling.)
Is it easy to get around from Coco Farm? Like, to the Chocolate Hills, the Tarsier Sanctuary, etc.?
Getting around? Okay, this is where you need to embrace the chaos. Coco Farm is in Panglao, which is close to some of the main attractions, but it's not smack-dab in the middle. You'll need a scooter (rent one! Just be careful!), a tricycle (the local tuk-tuk), or a taxi. Scooters are your best bet for freedom, but the roads can be a little... let's say, "lively." I almost ran into a chicken. True story. The Chocolate Hills are a bit of a trek, but totally worth it. The Tarsier Sanctuary is closer. Just plan your trips! And be prepared to haggle a little with the tricycle drivers. It's part of the fun... sometimes. Other times, it's just annoying. But hey, you're on vacation. Breathe. Enjoy the ride. (And maybe wear a helmet, unlike some people I saw…)
What's the vibe like? Is it a party hostel? Relaxing? Somewhere in between?
The vibe... Okay, this is the best part. It's *chill*. Super chill. Not a wild party hostel, thank goodness. More like a "let's-watch-the-sunset-with-a-beer-and-make-new-friends" kind of place. There's a communal area where people hang out, chat, and swap travel stories. I met some amazing people there. We played cards, shared food, and just generally enjoyed each other's company. The staff are super friendly and helpful. They really make you feel welcome. There's music sometimes, but nothing too loud. You can definitely find peace and quiet if you want it, too. I spent hours just reading in a hammock, listening to the waves. It's a great mix of relaxation and socializing. Perfect, in my opinion.
What about the beach? Is it a good beach?
The beach. Okay, so the beach *directly* in front of Coco Farm isn't the best. It's a bit rocky. But! Walk a few minutes down the shore, and you'll find a beautiful stretch of sand. And it's *amazing* for sunsets. I'm talking golden hour, the works. I took so many photos (and then promptly lost my phone in the sand, but that's another story). It's perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and just generally chilling. And it's way less crowded than some of the more popular beaches in Panglao. Plus, you can easily access other beaches like Alona Beach via scooter. So, yeah, beach access is definitely a win. Just don't expect the *perfect* white sand right outside your door. But seriously, who cares?
Is it safe? Like, do I need to worry about my stuff being stolen?
Safety. Okay, I felt safe the entire time. The staff are vigilant, and there's a general sense of trust. I'd recommend using the lockers provided for valuables, just to be on the safe side. I left my backpack in the dorm a few times without any problems, but I'm always a little cautious. Common sense, you know? Lock up your passport, your cash, and don't flash expensive electronics around. But overall, I felt very comfortable and safe. Bohol, in general, is a pretty safe place. Just be aware of your surroundings, as you would anywhere.

