
Aquarius Motel Perth: Your Oasis of Calm Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the shimmering, slightly-too-blue waters of the Aquarius Motel Perth! "Your Oasis of Calm Awaits!" they say. Well, let's see if this oasis actually delivers, shall we? I'm talking honest-to-goodness, warts-and-all review, the kind that spills coffee on the keyboard (which, let's be honest, is probably happening right now).
First Impressions (and the Struggle is Real):
Getting there… well, Perth traffic is a beast, even in a cough "calm oasis". Finding the place wasn't a nightmare, thankfully. Accessibility? Okay, important stuff. The website claims wheelchair accessibility, but I'm going to need a little more detail. Are the ramps actually ramp-y enough? Are the bathrooms spacious enough? This is a HUGE deal, and I'd love to give you concrete details, but you know… I wasn’t personally wheeling around. So, I'd suggest calling ahead and asking very specific questions. Don't be shy!
The Room: My Kingdom for a Blackout Curtain!
Alright, let's get into the nitty-gritty. My room. My sanctuary. The website promises… a lot. Okay, so:
- Air conditioning: Thank GOD. Perth heat is no joke. And it worked! Praise be!
- Blackout curtains: YES! Crucial for anyone who, like me, thinks sleep is a sacred ritual. I need darkness, and the Aquarius Motel mostly delivered. Mostly. There was a tiny sliver of light that peeked through, just enough to taunt me. sigh
- Wi-Fi [free]: Yep. Worked. Not lightning fast, but perfectly adequate for streaming cat videos and avoiding actual human interaction.
- Mini-bar: Yep. Stocked. Okay, I confess, I didn't touch it. Hotel mini-bars are the enemy of my wallet.
- Extra long bed: This is a win! I'm tall-ish, and nothing ruins a good night's sleep faster than dangling feet.
- Bathroom: Standard hotel bathroom. Clean. Functional. The water pressure was decent. Not a total disaster.
- Soundproofing: Okay, this is where things get… interesting. I could hear the faint murmur of the street, but it wasn’t a total cacophony. I think the soundproofing did its job. But, and here's the thing, I also heard a couple having a very enthusiastic conversation at 3 AM. Not ideal.
- Room Sanitization: This is a big one, post-pandemic. The website talks a big game about anti-viral cleaning and rooms sanitized between stays. I saw no obvious evidence of grossness.
- Additional Toilet: Nope.
- Alarm Clock: Yep, but I used my phone.
- Bathrobes: Nope.
- Bathroom Phone: Nope.
- Carpeting: Yep.
- Closet: Yep.
- Coffee/tea maker: YES! Crucial for my survival.
- Complimentary tea: Fine, nothing fancy.
- Daily housekeeping: Yep.
- Desk: Yep.
- Hair dryer: Yep.
- High floor: Nope.
- In-room safe box: Yep.
- Interconnecting room(s) available: I didn't ask.
- Internet access – LAN: Nope.
- Internet access – wireless: Yep.
- Ironing facilities: Yep.
- Laptop workspace: Yep.
- Linens: Fine.
- Mirror: Yep.
- Non-smoking: Thank goodness.
- On-demand movies: Nope.
- Private bathroom: Yep.
- Reading light: Yep.
- Refrigerator: Yep.
- Safety/security feature: Yep.
- Satellite/cable channels: Yep.
- Scale: Nope.
- Seating area: Nope.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Nope.
- Shower: Yep.
- Slippers: Nope.
- Smoke detector: Yep.
- Socket near the bed: Yep.
- Sofa: Nope.
- Soundproofing: Mostly.
- Telephone: Yep.
- Toiletries: Basic.
- Towels: Yep.
- Umbrella: Nope.
- Visual alarm: I didn't see one.
- Wake-up service: Nope.
- Window that opens: Yep.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Oasis Experience
This is where things get a little… fuzzy. The website mentions restaurants, but I didn't see anything on-site. There's a "Poolside bar" listed, but I saw no pool. Hmm. There's mention of "Breakfast [buffet]", "A la carte in restaurant", "Coffee/tea in restaurant", "Coffee shop", "Happy hour", "Poolside bar", "Restaurants", and "Snack bar." Okay, I need to clarify. Are these features currently available? I'm sensing a potential disconnect between the website and reality. (I'm hoping the website is just old, but you need to call to verify.)
- Breakfast: I think there was breakfast available. I got a takeaway coffee and a muffin from somewhere.
- Room service [24-hour]: Not that I saw.
- Alternative meal arrangement: Not that I saw.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: Not that I saw.
- Asian breakfast: Not that I saw.
- Bar: Not that I saw.
- Bottle of water: Not that I saw.
- Buffet in restaurant: Not that I saw.
- Desserts in restaurant: Not that I saw.
- International cuisine in restaurant: Not that I saw.
- Salad in restaurant: Not that I saw.
- Soup in restaurant: Not that I saw.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Not that I saw.
- Western breakfast: Not that I saw.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: Not that I saw.
Things to Do (or Not Do): The Relaxation Factor
Okay, this is where the "oasis" part really comes into play. Or doesn't come into play, depending on your expectations.
- Fitness center: There was a gym, and it looked… adequate. I didn't use it. I'm on vacation.
- Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor], Swimming pool: Nope. Not that I saw. No pool.
- Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Nada.
- Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath: Nope.
- Gym/fitness: Yep.
- Ways to relax: Honestly, the best way to relax here is to lock yourself in your room, turn off your phone, and maybe order a pizza.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Confusing
- Air conditioning in public area: Probably.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, Meetings, Meeting/banquet facilities, Seminars, Wi-Fi for special events: I'm guessing these are available, but again, I didn't see any events happening.
- Airport transfer: Not that I saw.
- Bicycle parking: Not that I saw.
- Business facilities, Xerox/fax in business center: Okay, standard.
- Cash withdrawal: Not that I saw.
- Concierge: Nope.
- Contactless check-in/out: Probably.
- Convenience store: Nope.
- Currency exchange: Nope.
- Daily housekeeping: Yep.
- Doorman: Nope.
- Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service: Yep.
- Elevator: Yep.
- Essential condiments: Not that I saw.
- Facilities for disabled guests: See Accessibility above.
- Food delivery: Not that I saw.
- Gift/souvenir shop: Nope.
- Invoice provided: Probably.
- Luggage storage: Yep.
- On-site event hosting: Not that I saw.
- Projector/LED display: Probably.
- Safety deposit boxes: Yep.
- Shrine: Nope.
- Smoking area: Yep.
- Terrace: Nope.
- Cashless payment service: Probably.
- **Staff trained in safety protocol, Hand sanitizer, First aid kit, Daily disinfection in common areas, Sterilizing equipment, Rooms sanitized between stays, Anti-viral cleaning products, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your sanitized, perfectly-organized travel itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered truth of a potential trip to the Aquarius Motel in Perth, Ontario. Let’s see if we can survive it, shall we?
The Aquarius Motel: A Perth Pilgrimage (Maybe?)
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of Budget Motels
- 1:00 PM: Arrive in Perth, Ontario. Or, more accurately, attempt to arrive. I'm already envisioning the GPS leading me down a dirt road and my phone dying just as I'm supposed to be checking in. (Pro tip: Download offline maps, you idiot.) The drive itself? Well, it'll probably be a blur of highway hypnosis and the desperate need for a decent coffee. Let's hope I can find a Tim Horton's BEFORE I hit the Aquarius.
- 2:30 PM: Check into the Aquarius Motel. The website photos… well, let's just say they're optimistic. I'm bracing myself for the scent of stale cigarettes and a vaguely sticky carpet. The key, I suspect, will be one of those old, oversized metal things that feels like it could double as a weapon.
- Anecdote: Remember that time I stayed in a motel in… shudders… Niagara Falls? The "continental breakfast" consisted of a single, sad-looking bagel and a pot of coffee that tasted suspiciously like motor oil. I'm mentally preparing for a similar culinary adventure.
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Room Assessment. I'll do a thorough scan of the room. Check for bed bugs (because, you know, paranoia is a virtue), test the water pressure (crucial!), and assess the TV situation. Is it a flat screen? Does it have cable? Does it even work? My mood will hinge on these answers. Honestly, if the TV is ancient and only gets three channels, I might just cry.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Explore Perth's Main Street. Okay, so Perth is supposed to be charming. I'll try to find a cute little bakery for a snack. Maybe grab a coffee from somewhere that doesn't taste like death. I'm hoping to find some local flavor here – maybe a quirky antique shop or a bookstore with a resident cat.
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Dinner. Okay, I'm starving. TripAdvisor, here I come. The pressure is on to find a decent place to eat. I'm not looking for Michelin stars, but I am hoping for something that doesn't involve a deep fryer. Maybe a pub with some hearty Canadian fare? Please, no more sad bagels.
- 7:00 PM - Bedtime: Probably just the TV and the news.
Day 2: Perth's Gems and the Unavoidable Motel Existentialism
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Okay, this is the moment of truth. What's the Aquarius Motel's breakfast situation? Is it a sad continental offering, or something slightly more promising? My emotional state will be directly proportional to the quality of the coffee.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Explore the town. I want to see the Tay River. Maybe find a park to sit in and do some people-watching. I'll try to see the Perth Museum.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. I'm going to have to find somewhere good to eat.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: I'm going to revisit the town. Try to find a good shop.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Relax at the motel room.
- 7:00 PM - Bedtime: TV, sleep.
Day 3: Leaving Perth (and My Sanity?)
- 9:00 AM: Check out. Pray that my car starts.
- 10:00 AM: Head home. Reflect on the trip.
- Emotional Reaction: I'll probably be a mixture of relief and a strange, unexpected fondness for the Aquarius Motel. There's a certain charm to these budget places, isn't there? The way they strip away all pretense and leave you with just the bare essentials. Or maybe I'll just be counting the hours until I can take a long, hot shower at home.
Quirky Observations and Ramblings:
- I'm already imagining the motel's décor. Will it be floral wallpaper from the 1970s? A giant, uncomfortable bedspread? A bible on the nightstand? The possibilities are endless, and I'm strangely excited.
- I will inevitably get lost at least once. It's a law of nature.
- I'll probably spend way too much time staring out the window, contemplating life, the universe, and whether or not I should have ordered the fries with my dinner.
- I need to remember to pack snacks. Because, let's be honest, the Aquarius Motel probably doesn't have a vending machine with anything remotely edible.
Imperfections and Messiness:
- This itinerary is subject to change. My mood, the weather, the availability of parking – all of these factors could drastically alter my plans.
- I'm a terrible planner. I'll probably forget something important, like a toothbrush or my sanity.
- I'm prone to spontaneous decisions. If I see a sign for a giant ball of twine, I'm going. Don't judge me.
Final Thoughts:
This trip to Perth (and the Aquarius Motel) is an adventure. It will be messy, imperfect, and probably a little bit ridiculous. But that's the point, isn't it? To embrace the chaos, the unexpected moments, and the slightly questionable coffee. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. And maybe some industrial-strength hand sanitizer.
Unbelievable Malacca Duplex: Ocean Views & Luxury Await! (Melaka's Wave Residences)
Aquarius Motel Perth: Your Oasis of Calm... or Maybe Not? Let's See...
Okay, So What *Actually* Makes Aquarius Motel "An Oasis?" Because, Let's Be Real, Motel Marketing is a Minefield.
Alright, alright, I get it. "Oasis of Calm" sounds like something you'd find on a brochure printed in Comic Sans, right? Look, I've stayed there. Twice. And honestly? The calm part? Well, it depends. One time, it *was* an oasis. I'd just driven for like, ten hours straight, battling the sun and a screaming toddler (not mine, thankfully). The AC in my room was a lifesaver. Like, a legit, Arctic blast of pure, unadulterated relief. The bed? I practically melted into it. Slept for twelve hours straight. Bliss. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
Then there was the *other* time. The "oasis" was a bit more… metaphorical. The guy next door was practicing his didgeridoo at 3 AM. Seriously. I swear I heard whales. And the coffee machine in the morning? Let's just say it was a *very* strong, and slightly questionable, cup of joe. But hey, the staff were nice, even at 3 AM. That counts for something, right?
So, is it an oasis? Maybe. Depends on your neighbors, your tolerance for questionable coffee, and your definition of "calm." But the AC? Still legendary. Just saying.
Is the Wi-Fi Actually Usable? Or Am I Going to Be Stuck With Dial-Up Speeds in the 21st Century? Asking for a Friend... who needs to check their emails.
Oh, the Wi-Fi. The bane of every traveler's existence. Look, I'm not going to lie to you. It's not the fastest Wi-Fi in the world. Think of it as… "adequate." You can probably stream a short YouTube video. Maybe. Checking emails? Definitely. Downloading a massive file? Good luck with that. You might be there a while. I once tried to download a movie. Gave up after an hour and went to the pub instead. Much better use of my time, honestly.
My advice? Don't rely on it for anything mission-critical. If you absolutely *need* blazing-fast internet, maybe bring your own hotspot. Or, you know, embrace the digital detox and actually *talk* to the people you're traveling with. Crazy, I know. But sometimes… it's nice.
Breakfast: Included or Bring Your Own Cereal? (And Please, Don't Let It Be the Same Cereal Every Day.)
Breakfast! Ah, the most important meal of the day. Or, at least, that's what they tell us, right? At Aquarius Motel, breakfast is… well, it's there. It's included. And it’s…basic. Think: toast, cereal (the same kind, every single day, *sigh*), and some kind of fruit that *might* be fresh (depends on the day, honestly). Coffee? See previous notes on the coffee situation.
Look, it's not gourmet. It's not going to win any awards. But it's free, and it'll fill you up enough to get you started. My advice? Bring your own granola bars. Or, even better, hit up a local cafe. Perth has some amazing breakfast spots. Seriously, don't miss out on the brunch scene. It's a whole *thing*.
Are the Rooms Clean? Because I Have a Deep-Seated Fear of Dust Bunnies the Size of Small Rodents.
Okay, this is important. Cleanliness is *key*. And I can honestly say, from my personal experiences (and my deep-seated fear of dust bunnies), the rooms at Aquarius Motel are generally clean. I mean, it's not a five-star hotel, but the sheets were fresh, the bathroom was… well, the bathroom *was* a bathroom, and the floors weren't sticky. Always a good sign.
I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit of a germaphobe. So I always give everything a quick once-over when I arrive. But I've never found anything truly horrifying. And that, my friends, is a win in my book. They seem to be on top of the cleaning, which is more than I can say for some places I've stayed. Once, I found a whole family of… well, let's just say I left immediately. So, yeah, Aquarius is pretty good on the cleanliness front.
What's the Parking Situation Like? I Don't Want to Circle the Block for an Hour.
Parking? Okay, this one's pretty straightforward. There's parking. It's free. It's usually available. I mean, I’ve never had a *major* issue. But, and this is a big but, it can fill up, especially if you arrive late. So, if you're planning on arriving at the witching hour, maybe call ahead and ask. Or, you know, park on the street and hope for the best.
I remember one time, I had to parallel park on a busy street because all the spots were taken. It was a disaster. My car is not built for parallel parking, and let's just say, it wasn't pretty. But eventually, I squeezed in. So, yeah, parking is usually okay. Just… be prepared to get creative, especially if you're not a parking pro.
Is There a Pool? Because After a Long Day of Sightseeing, a Dip is a Must.
Ah, the pool. That shimmering oasis of… chlorine. Yes, there is a pool. And it's… a pool. It's not the fanciest pool you'll ever see. It's not Olympic-sized. But it's there. And on a hot Perth day? It's glorious. Seriously. I've spent hours just floating around, letting the sun bake my worries away.
The pool area is usually pretty quiet. Which is a big plus, in my book. No screaming kids (usually). Just the gentle lapping of water and the occasional splash. It's a good spot to relax. Just don't expect a poolside bar. You'll have to bring your own refreshments. And maybe a good book. Or, you know, a floaty flamingo. I'm not judging.
Okay, Let's Get Real: What's the Vibe? Is it a Party Motel or a Quiet Place to Actually Sleep?
The vibe? Okay, here's the honest truth. It's… a bit of both. It’s not a raging party motel. You're not going to be kept up all night by rowdy revelers. But it's also not a silent monastery. ItHotel Adventure

