Escape to Paradise: Aarunya Nature Resort, Kandy's Hidden Gem

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Escape to Paradise: Aarunya Nature Resort, Kandy's Hidden Gem

Aarunya Nature Resort: Kandy's Hidden Gem - Or Just a Really Nice Spot? Let's Dive In.

Okay, so you're looking for a slice of paradise near Kandy, huh? You've stumbled upon Aarunya Nature Resort. The name whispers promises of tranquility, doesn't it? Well, buckle up, because I'm about to spill the tea, the coffee, and maybe even the arrack (local Sri Lankan liquor) on this place. This isn't your polished, perfectly-edited travel blog post. This is real life, folks. My real, slightly-caffeinated, and occasionally-opinionated life.

First Impressions (and a Little Rant About Accessibility):

Getting to Aarunya is… well, it's an adventure. The roads in Sri Lanka, bless their hearts, are not always the smoothest. This immediately brings me to a HUGE point: Accessibility. This is where Aarunya, bless its heart, gets a bit… tricky. While they mention "Facilities for disabled guests," the steep hills and somewhat uneven terrain are probably not ideal for wheelchairs. I'm not an expert, but just from looking at the pictures, I'd say it's a definite "call ahead and ask very specific questions" situation. This is a major bummer because everyone deserves a slice of paradise.

Accessibility Score: 2/5 (Potential for some, but definitely not a slam dunk).

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Hmm. I didn't see anything specifically labeled for accessibility, again, a call ahead is recommended.

The Good Stuff - Where Aarunya Shines:

Let's move past the potential accessibility issues (and honestly, I'm trying to be optimistic here!) and get to the juicy bits. Aarunya is undeniably beautiful. Think lush greenery, stunning views, and that "get away from it all" vibe.

The Views, Oh My God, the Views!

Right, so, picture this: you wake up, bleary-eyed, and pull back the curtains. BAM! You're greeted by a panorama of rolling hills, verdant forests, and maybe even a glimpse of the Kandy city. Seriously, the Pool with a View is something else. I spent a shameful amount of time just… staring. Just floating in the infinity pool, feeling the sun on my face, and letting the world melt away. Pure bliss.

The Spa - A Deep Dive into Relaxation (and a Slightly Awkward Massage):

Okay, so the Spa/Sauna, Spa, Steamroom, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap offerings are definitely a highlight. I went for a massage, and… well, let's just say the masseuse was very thorough. There were moments of pure, unadulterated relaxation, and then there were moments where I was convinced I was going to be rearranged into a pretzel. But hey, afterwards, I felt like a new person! (Or at least, a slightly less stressed one). The Foot bath was a nice touch, too.

Food, Glorious Food (and Some Minor Gripes):

The Restaurants, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant offer a solid selection. The Breakfast [buffet] was pretty good, with a nice mix of local and international options, including Asian breakfast, Western breakfast. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was plentiful (vital!), and I appreciated the Bottle of water in my room.

A few things they could tweak: The service in the restaurant could be a tad faster. And while the food was generally delicious, it occasionally felt a little… predictable. Maybe a bit more spice, a bit more local flair? Just a thought. However, the Poolside bar was a lifesaver, especially during Happy hour. And the Desserts in restaurant were heavenly.

Dining, drinking, and snacking: The Snack bar was great for a quick bite, and the Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver after a long day of exploring.

The Rooms - Comfort and Cozy:

The rooms themselves are lovely. They've got that classic Sri Lankan charm, with a touch of modern comfort. The Air conditioning was a godsend, especially after a day of exploring. The Bed was comfortable (that's a win!), and the Bathrobes, Slippers, Bathrobes were a nice touch. I loved the Blackout curtains, which made it easy to sleep in (essential!). The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms was a lifesaver, and the Internet access – wireless was reliable. I'm not sure if I used the Internet access – LAN. I'm more of a wireless kind of gal. The Desk, Laptop workspace were perfect for getting some work done (or pretending to, anyway!). The Mini bar was well-stocked, although I probably drank all the water.

My Anecdote: The Unexpected Encounter

One evening, while enjoying a quiet moment on my terrace, I witnessed the most incredible sunset. The sky exploded with color, painting the hills in shades of orange, pink, and purple. Just as I was admiring the view, a monkey strolled onto my terrace, nonchalantly eyeing my banana. We shared a moment of mutual appreciation for the view before he decided my banana was the real prize. He then proceeded to steal my fruit and then disappeared! A true local experience.

Cleanliness and Safety (in the Age of COVID):

Aarunya seems to be taking the whole Cleanliness and safety thing seriously. They had all the usual precautions: Hand sanitizer, Daily disinfection in common areas, Staff trained in safety protocol, Rooms sanitized between stays. I saw a lot of Anti-viral cleaning products. I appreciated the Physical distancing of at least 1 meter and the Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. They also offered Individually-wrapped food options, Safe dining setup, Room sanitization opt-out available.

A Bit More on the Practicalities:

  • Check-in/out [express]: Smooth and efficient.
  • Concierge: Helpful.
  • Currency exchange: Convenient.
  • Daily housekeeping: Spotless.
  • Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: All available.
  • Luggage storage: No problem.
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, Airport transfer: Easy Peasy.

Things to Do (Besides Lounging by the Pool):

  • Things to do: Explore Kandy! Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic (a must-see), wander through the Royal Botanic Gardens, and soak up the local culture.
  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: If you're feeling energetic. I, however, was not.

For the Kids (if you're traveling with them):

  • Family/child friendly: Yes, but I didn't see a ton of specifically kid-focused amenities.
  • Babysitting service: Available, which is a bonus.
  • Kids meal: Probably available, but worth confirming.
  • Kids facilities: Not specifically mentioned.

Services and conveniences: The Elevator was useful. The Cash withdrawal was also useful. The Business facilities seemed fine. The Gift/souvenir shop was there, but I didn't buy anything.

The Verdict (and a Compelling Offer):

Aarunya Nature Resort is a beautiful, relaxing escape. It's not perfect – the accessibility is a definite concern, and the food could be a little more adventurous. But the stunning views, the comfortable rooms, the spa, and the overall tranquility make it a worthwhile stay.

My Emotional Reaction: I loved it. Seriously. I felt relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to face the world (or at least, the next day).

Now, the Compelling Offer:

Escape to Paradise: Aarunya Nature Resort - Your Kandy Getaway Awaits!

Tired of the everyday grind? Craving a getaway that will soothe your soul and take your breath away? Then look no further than Aarunya Nature Resort, Kandy's Hidden Gem!

Here's what makes Aarunya the perfect escape:

  • Breathtaking Views: Wake up to panoramic vistas of lush hills and valleys. Your Instagram feed will thank you!
  • Ultimate Relaxation: Indulge in a rejuvenating spa experience, complete with massages, body wraps, and a sauna that will melt away your stress.
  • Comfort and Convenience: Enjoy comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and all the amenities you need for a seamless stay.
  • Delicious Dining: Savor a range of culinary delights, from Asian specialties to international favorites.
  • Unforgettable Experiences: Explore the cultural treasures of Kandy, relax by the pool, or simply unwind and soak up the serenity.

But that's not all!

Book your stay at Aarunya Nature Resort now and receive:

  • A complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability).
  • A free welcome cocktail upon arrival.
  • A 10% discount on all spa treatments.
  • Free airport transfer (for stays of 3 nights or more).

**This

Kielce's BEST Kept Secret? This B&B Will Blow You Away!

Book Now

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. We're going to Aarunya Nature Resort in Kandy, Sri Lanka, and trust me, it's gonna be a ride. This is less "schedule" and more "emotional rollercoaster with a tropical backdrop."

Aarunya: Where My Soul Goes to Get a Tan (and Maybe a Little Lost)

Day 1: Arrival - "Oh. My. God. Are Those Monkeys?"

  • Morning (ish): Touchdown in Colombo. The air hits you like a warm, spiced hug. Immediately regret wearing jeans. The airport? Chaos, but in a charming, chaotic sort of way. My driver, a lovely man named Sunil, greets me with a smile that could melt glaciers. He's holding a sign with my name, which, let's be honest, is a small ego boost after a 16-hour flight.
  • Afternoon: The drive to Kandy. Sunil's a fantastic driver, dodging tuk-tuks and stray cows with the grace of a seasoned ballerina. The scenery explodes into green – lush rice paddies, vibrant villages, and the occasional glimpse of a majestic elephant (seriously, I saw an elephant!). My first thought? "Wow, this is beautiful." Second thought? "I really need to pee."
  • Late Afternoon: Arrive at Aarunya. And. Wow. Just… wow. Picture this: a cluster of villas clinging to a hillside, overlooking the valleys. The air is thick with the scent of frangipani and something I can only describe as "pure, unadulterated bliss." Check in. The staff is ridiculously friendly, but I'm already feeling the jet lag creep in. And then… monkeys. Everywhere. Little furry bandits eyeing my balcony. My inner child shrieks with delight. My inner adult? Concerned about potential banana theft.
  • Evening: Dinner at the resort restaurant. The food is… amazing. Spice levels are perfect. I eat so much I could probably qualify for a competitive eating contest (if I wasn't so worried about my bikini body). Stare into the darkening hills, feeling a sense of peace I haven't felt in… well, years. Maybe this trip won't be a disaster after all. (Famous last words, right?)

Day 2: The Kandy Shuffle - Temples, Tea, and a Near-Death Experience (Metaphorically Speaking)

  • Morning: Wake up to the sound of birdsong and… a monkey trying to open my balcony door. (Note to self: invest in better locks.) Breakfast on my balcony. The view is breathtaking. I contemplate doing yoga, but the thought of actually doing yoga after all that food from the previous day makes me want to nap. So, nap it is.
  • Late Morning: Visit the Temple of the Tooth (Sri Dalada Maligawa). Prepare to be utterly awestruck. It's vibrant, chaotic, and utterly enchanting. The energy is palpable. The crowds, a little less so. I get swept up in a throng of chanting devotees and almost lose my sandals (which, in retrospect, would have been a blessing). I feel a mixture of awe, confusion, and a slight panic about getting trampled. But the golden stupa? Unforgettable.
  • Afternoon: Tea plantation tour. This is the quintessential Sri Lankan experience, right? And it delivers. The rolling hills, the emerald green tea bushes, the crisp mountain air… it's postcard-perfect. I learn about tea processing and sample a variety of teas. I am not a tea person, but the tea is great. I buy a bunch of tea, even though I'm pretty sure I'll never actually drink it. (Tourist trap, but a delicious one.)
  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Kandy Lake stroll. A nice, peaceful walk… until I almost get run over by a tuk-tuk. Okay, maybe not almost run over, but it was close enough to make me question my life choices. I take a deep breath, remind myself that I'm on vacation, and continue enjoying the lake views.
  • Evening: Dinner at a local restaurant. The food is spicier than I anticipated (despite ordering "mild"), but delicious nonetheless. I attempt to use chopsticks, fail miserably, and end up covered in curry. Embrace the mess. Embrace the experience. Embrace the fact that I'm probably going to have to do laundry tomorrow.

Day 3: The Deep Dive - Cooking Class, Waterfalls, and Existential Dread (Just Kidding… Mostly)

  • Morning: Cooking class! This is the highlight of the trip so far, even though I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of setting something on fire. The chef is patient and hilarious, and I learn how to make some of the most delicious curries I've ever tasted. The best part? Eating the fruits of our labor. The worst part? Realizing how much I've been eating.
  • Afternoon: Visit a waterfall. There's something about the power and beauty of nature that just… gets to me. I take a million photos. I breathe in the fresh air. I feel incredibly small and insignificant, in the best possible way. I even consider (briefly) skinny-dipping, but the thought of the leeches convinces me otherwise.
  • Late Afternoon: Back at the resort. Pool time! I find a quiet spot, read a book (that I barely understand), and bask in the sun. I close my eyes and try to meditate. I fail miserably. My brain is still buzzing from the cooking class, the waterfall, and the general sensory overload of Sri Lanka.
  • Evening: Farewell dinner. I'm sad to leave, but also incredibly grateful for the experience. I look back on the last few days, filled with laughter, moments of awe, and the occasional near-disaster. I realize that this trip isn't about perfection. It's about embracing the mess, the imperfections, and the unexpected moments that make life so damn interesting. I raise a glass to Sri Lanka, to Aarunya, and to all the monkeys who made my life a little more chaotic (and a lot more fun).

Day 4: Departure - "Until Next Time, You Beautiful, Crazy Island!"

  • Morning: One last breakfast. One last monkey sighting (probably stealing someone else's breakfast). One last look at that breathtaking view.
  • Late Morning: Check out. Say goodbye to the amazing staff. The driver is waiting, ready to take me back to Colombo.
  • Afternoon: Departure. The airport is still chaotic. I'm still wearing the same jeans. But something has changed. I feel… different. More relaxed. More alive. More… me.
  • Evening: Land back home. Tired, a little sunburned, and completely transformed. I can't wait to go back.

Postscript:

This is just a rough outline, of course. Things will go wrong. Plans will change. You'll get lost. You'll eat too much. You'll laugh until your sides hurt. And you'll fall in love with Sri Lanka. Just go with it. Embrace the chaos. And for the love of all that is holy, watch out for the monkeys!

Unbelievable Kuruva Island: Wayanad's Hidden Paradise (Kerala, India)

Book Now

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Escape to Paradise: Aarunya Nature Resort - The REAL Deal FAQ

So, Aarunya Nature Resort... Is it *actually* paradise? Like, Instagram-filter-worthy paradise?

Okay, let's be real. I've seen the photos. You've seen the photos. They're gorgeous. And yes, Aarunya is stunning. But paradise? That's a loaded word, right? I mean, I went expecting perfection, you know? Like, flawlessly manicured lawns and staff who anticipate your every craving. And… well, life isn't a perfectly curated Instagram feed. It's more like… imagine a really, REALLY beautiful painting, but the artist spilled a bit of coffee on it. The coffee stain is the slightly wonky WiFi (which, let's be honest, is a blessing in disguise). The vibrant colors are the view – breathtaking, jungle-y, oh-my-god-I-can't-believe-this-is-real views. The brushstrokes? The friendly staff, the occasional power outage (Sri Lanka, baby!), and the slightly unpredictable weather. So, not *perfect* paradise, but definitely a slice of heaven with a few charming imperfections. Think more "rustic chic" and less "Stepford Wives on vacation." My verdict? Worth it. Absolutely worth it. Just pack a good book (and maybe a portable charger for your phone).

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they actually as cool as they look in the pictures?

Okay, the rooms. The rooms are… *chef's kiss*. I stayed in one of the villas with the private plunge pool. Seriously, I almost didn’t leave the room the entire time. Almost. The pictures don't lie. They're spacious, airy, and designed to make you feel like you're living in a luxury treehouse. Think exposed beams, huge windows that bring the outside in, and a bed so comfy, you'll swear it's made of clouds. Here's the funny thing, though. I was so excited about the plunge pool, I dove right in (after, you know, checking for errant leaves and… things). It was *glorious*. Then, I realized I had *completely* forgotten sunscreen. Cue the lobster-red sunburn. So, learn from my mistakes, friends! Sunscreen. Pack sunscreen. And maybe a hat. And a good book. And… you get the idea. The rooms are amazing, but don't let the beauty blind you to the practicalities. Like, you know, not getting fried.

The food! Everyone raves about the food. Is it worth the hype?

Oh. My. God. The food. Okay, deep breath. Yes. Absolutely, unequivocally YES. The hype is real. Forget everything you think you know about hotel food. This is different. This is… an experience. They use fresh, local ingredients, and the chefs are wizards. Wizards, I tell you! I'm not even a huge curry person, but their Sri Lankan curries… I ate them every single day. Each one was a revelation. The flavors! The spices! The… (I'm drooling just thinking about it). They even catered to my picky-eater tendencies (I'm ashamed to admit it) without making me feel like a total pain. The breakfast buffet? Forget about it. It's a dangerous game, because you'll want to try everything. And you probably will. And you won't regret it. One day, I witnessed a minor kitchen crisis. A power outage (again, Sri Lanka!) threatened to derail dinner. The staff, though? They were like a well-oiled machine. They improvised, they rallied, and they pulled it off. Dinner was only slightly delayed, and it was still incredible. That resilience, that passion… it's what makes the food so special. Just… go. Eat everything. You can thank me later. Or, you know, send me leftovers.

What about the activities? Is there stuff to *do* at Aarunya?

Okay, so you *could* just lounge by the pool (which, let's be honest, is a perfectly valid option). But if you're feeling adventurous, Aarunya offers a few things. There's hiking, which is great for burning off all that curry (see above). They organize village walks, which are a good way to get a feel for the local culture. And, of course, there's the spa. I did the spa. Twice. The first time, it was… okay. Good, but not mind-blowing. The second time? *Mind-blowing*. I had the Ayurvedic massage. It was like my body was being gently kneaded back into existence. My muscles were weeping with gratitude. I emerged feeling like a totally different person. I swear, I could have flown home. Here's the thing, though. The spa is nestled in a beautiful setting, and the treatments are excellent. But… the first time, a noisy group of tourists from another hotel were talking loudly outside the treatment room. It kind of killed the zen vibe. So, maybe book your spa treatment during a less busy time. Just a tip. Otherwise, definitely go. Your body will thank you. And your soul.

Are there any downsides? Anything I should know *before* I go?

Alright, let's get real. Nothing's perfect, and Aarunya is no exception. Here's the lowdown on the not-so-perfect bits: * **The WiFi.** As mentioned before, it's a bit spotty. Embrace the digital detox! Or, you know, tether to your phone. * **The bugs.** You're in the jungle. There will be bugs. Mosquito repellent is your friend. And maybe a net for your bed (although the beds are typically enclosed). * **The power outages.** They happen. Be prepared. A flashlight on your phone is a must. And a sense of humor. * **The price.** It's not cheap. But, honestly, for the experience, it's worth it. Just save up! * **The distance to Kandy town.** It's a bit of a drive. Factor in travel time if you plan on exploring the city. But honestly? These are minor inconveniences. The pros far outweigh the cons. The beauty, the food, the staff… it all adds up to an unforgettable experience. Just go with the flow, embrace the imperfections, and enjoy the ride. You won't regret it. Except, maybe, for that sunburn. Seriously, sunscreen.

Okay, you mentioned a *specific* experience you had. Spill the tea!

Alright, buckle up, because this is where it gets… messy. It's about the monkeys. The monkeys at Aarunya. They're adorable, right? Little mischievous things swinging through the trees. I was warned about them. "Don't leave food unattended," they said. "They'll steal it," they said. Did I listen? Nope. One morning, I was enjoying a leisurely breakfast on my villa's balcony. Rooms And Vibes

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka

Aarunya Nature Resort Kandy Sri Lanka